Have you heard of Microwaveable Plush Animals? You will love this!!!
Microwaveable Plush Animals were created to comfort a child while sick or at bed time. They are warm, cozy and extra snugly with a hint of lavender that will have them nodding off before you know it.
Here is all you do-
To use as a warm pack:
1. Put the entire Microwaveable Plush Animal into your microwave for 2 minutes. Some put a cup of water in the microwave with it, but I don’t. I do, although, stop it mid way and turn it, just in hopes of making it warm all over.
2. When it dings, take it out of the microwave and give it to your child and go read them a bedtime story. Resist the urge to cuddle it a little bit yourself.
To use as a cold pack:
1. Put the entire Microwaveable Plush Animal in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer for at least an hour.
2. Take it out of the freezer and the bag and give to your child for comforting coolness on their ouchy. DO NOT take it directly from the freezer and put it in the microwave. They don’t like that.
Almost every child I have ever known has a hard time at night. I know mine did. But wrapping your arms around a warm, cozy furry friend can help.
When your child is sick and needs some extra special love, Microwavable Plush Animals can be a stand in for you while you go make soup or get the medicine.
How I Met My First Microwaveable Plush Animals
They had two little boys who each had one of these microwavable toys and they had adorable names for them. I had seen the youngest carrying the plush toy around all day, but didn’t think anything of it. But at bed time magic happens and he wanted to tell me all about it. His eyes lit up when he told me what his mom was going to do with his toy. He was really looking forward to bed time.
He explained that at bedtime he sometimes becomes afraid, so his mom sticks his favorite plush toy in the microwave, it becomes warm and cozy, and it helps him sleep. He was so matter of fact about it, that it was a bit funny.
But once he put that warm, heat-up stuffed animal in my arms I understood completely. It was soothing that I would have liked to have held it longer, but it was story time and he snatched it away.
What Do the Professionals Say About Microwaveable Plush Animals For Soothing Bed Time?
Claire Heffron is co-author at The Inspired Treehouse and a pediatric occupational therapist in a preschool/primary school setting. She agrees that this could be a really soothing sleep aid for children of all ages. She understands that babies and children love to be held because as she says, ” it provides tons of positive sensory benefits, including the relaxing effect of body heat.”
Creating a comfortable sleep environment is important. Warm blankets are always a welcome item when I’m climbing into bed to sleep. So it just makes sense that our children would want the same comforts.
These microwaveable plush animals are NOT machine washable. Just wipe them off with a damp cloth. The fabric is super soft and so snugly.
They are usually filled with treated millet grains and dried lavender flower. The lavender is known to help with sleep.
How Could Microwave Plush Animals Be Good For the Elderly?
That conversation got me thinking about how it’s not just kids who could benefit from this heat-up stuffed animal. Adults can benefit from that as well. My mind goes to the elderly that are in nursing homes, dementia patients or like my grandmother who had Alzheimer’s. I think she would have liked one of these. She was always wanting something in her hands to fidget with. I think she might have found this warm plush toy very soothing.
There has been a lot of research on Doll Therapy Research and they find out that it decreases negative behavior and incidents of aggression. Our elderly just need love and care and dolls ease their anxiety and bring them joy.
For me, there are times I heat up what I call a Whoobie in the microwave because I need the heat either on my tummy or my head. So there is a really good excuse for me to buy one for myself.
Buy Microwave Plush Animals
If your child has trouble getting to sleep, it’s worth it to try this Microwaveable Plush Animal. How much is your sleep worth?
Interesting Things You Found Here
- Have you heard of Microwaveable Plush Animals? You will love this!!!
- Here is all you do-
- How I Met My First Microwaveable Plush Animals
- What Do the Professionals Say About Microwaveable Plush Animals For Soothing Bed Time?
- How Could Microwave Plush Animals Be Good For the Elderly?
- Buy Microwave Plush Animals